BPM Engagement Manager
ECG Studio is a process improvement and visual communication consultancy empowering change makers from our offices in Roswell, GA.
We are seeking an experienced BPM Engagement Manager (EM)
The EM is responsible for engagement delivery quality and customer satisfaction by structuring and managing deals through completion. The EM role owns the problem statement from the perspective of the customer. This role has the responsibility of assembling the consulting delivery team and ensuring the team both structures and executes on the problem solving methodology correctly and to the agreed budget.
The EM Job Profile:
- Manages engagement risk and delivery quality.
- Establishes the processes to support the engagement, defining the project calendar, and defining deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures. Project initiation also includes validating scope, conducting campaign kickoff and holding Conditions of Satisfaction (COS) discussions with stakeholders.
- Tracks the performance of the engagement, the quality of project deliverables and reports on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan.
- Builds his/her time into engagements as appropriate to allow for mitigation of engagement risk and to achieve the required level of billable utilization set by the business
- Reviews and approves consultant and associate billable hours and expenses each week, and reviews and approves client invoices before they are sent.
- Defines in advance the acceptance criteria for each project deliverable, works with the team to establish delivery dates for each deliverable, and oversees the review of client deliverables to ensure they meet all client acceptance criteria, securing sign-off on each deliverable as defined in the SOW.
- Drives project governance including activities concerning issue escalation within the client organization and internal to ECG Studio, change management processes, and addressing concerns raised in quality reviews with ECG Studio stakeholders, partners, client stakeholders and respective steering committees.
Primary Job Functions:
Campaign Initiation: Lead execution of creating the appropriate Statement of Work, Work Order, and subcontracting agreements that will allow for the formal authorization to proceed with delivery of services. Coordinate contractual reviews with various internal stakeholders. Review and provide guidance on customer change requests as they apply to scope of delivery.
Orchestrate and lead subject matter experts to ensure services delivery is aligned with customer needs and minimizes risk to ECG Studio.
Campaign Planning: Determine appropriate life-cycle approach for services delivery, as well as define appropriate Services Delivery Team profile. Define customer and Services Delivery team responsibilities. Demonstrate keen awareness on inter-dependencies of complex deliverables and their impact to the overall delivery plan. Secure technical and project management resources to deliver the solution.
Campaign Implementation: Assess existing customer IT profile and determine an effective course of action and solution approach to deliver within existing contractual constraints and policies. Recommend appropriate professional services delivery strategies to address customer needs. Initiate the engagement with appropriate stakeholder participation. Establish and document the Conditions of Satisfaction (COS).
Campaign Monitoring & Controlling: Achieve utilization through the effective management and monitoring of the engagement ensuring clear direction to the services delivery team. Achieve accuracy in team staffing throughout the delivery lifecycle by continually monitoring delivery plan performance. Drive high satisfaction from stakeholders by improving and optimizing delivery status communications. Drive operational proficiency by overseeing timely customer invoicing.
Campaign Closing: Share delivery execution performance (variation from the plan, customer feedback) with ECG Studio leadership. From delivery performance data, provide suggestions on improvements to offerings and delivery processes.